The competition has four phases:
- Elevator Pitch: A two-minute presentation accompanied by a single PowerPoint slide. (Video 8:00)
- Cameo Round: Includes a business model canvas, a five-page paper about the project idea and a five-minute PowerPoint presentation.
- Judges Prep Review: This is the session like seen on Shark Tank.
- Finals Round: A comprehensive project plan and a 20-minute PowerPoint presentation.
Judges will look for innovation, social impact, quality of the materials presented and the entry’s potential for success in the marketplace.
Timeline for 2020-2021 Earlham EPIC Grand Challenge
- Elevator Pitch: Saturday, February 20th
- Cameo Round: Saturday, March 27th
- Judges Prep Review: Saturday, April 17th
- Finals Round: Saturday, May 8th