The competition has four phases:
- Elevator Pitch: A two-minute presentation accompanied by a single PowerPoint slide. (Video 8:00)
- Cameo Round: Includes a business model canvas, a five-page paper about the project idea and a five-minute PowerPoint presentation.
- Judges Prep Review: This is the session like seen on Shark Tank.
- Finals Round: A comprehensive project plan and a 20-minute PowerPoint presentation.
Judges will look for innovation, social impact, quality of the materials presented and the entry’s potential for success in the marketplace.
Timeline for 2019-2020 Earlham EPIC Grand Challenge
- Elevator Pitch: Saturday, February 29th, 2020 at 10 am in Landrum Bolling Center 105.
- Cameo Round: Saturday, March 28th, 2020 at 10 am in Landrum Bolling Center 105.
- Judges Prep Review. Saturday, April 4th, 2020 at 10 am in CoLab.
- Finals Round: Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 at 7 pm in Goddard Auditorium.