What We Do
In addition to the course offerings for English Language Learners, our ELL instructors also serve as academic and international student advisers. They are also available for consultation with teaching faculty, administrative faculty, and staff across campus. We also host a library of English Language Learning resources that students are welcome to use. One-on-one instruction is offered on an as-needed basis.
Academic Advising for English Language Learners
In academic advising, we assist learners in selecting courses that suit their strengths and help build their skills. We are also available to help mediate academic performance concerns.
During advising we may also refer you to other offices on campus that can provide additional support:
- The Academic Enrichment Center – general tutoring, time management, accommodations for disabilities
- The Writing Center – writing consultations, citation help
- The Quantitative Reasoning Center – tutoring for math and sciences
- Earlham Librarians – research, citation help
- Counseling Services – stress management, personal concerns
- Health Services – health concerns affecting academic performance