Plan of Study
- MGMT 140 World of Business and Nonprofit Management
- MGMT 200 Financial Accounting
- MGMT 203 Introduction to Human Behavior in Organizations
- MGMT 342 Leadership and Dealing with Differences
- CCCE 120 Foundations of Education
- CCCE 248 Theory and Practice of Education
- PSYC 372 Psychology of Sport
- ENSU 210 Outdoor Education
- AWPE 133 Speed and Power Training
- AWPE 341 Exercise Science
Students shall complete one of the following co-curricular activities:
- On-campus opportunities within Athletics, Marketing, the Sports Information Office or special events
- Volunteer experiences with relevant organizations — local high schools, Boys & Girls Club, YMCA, etc.
- Other opportunities as approved by the Sports Management faculty
A substantial research paper comprising either a primary or secondary research study on a topic of the student's choosing in consultation with their adviser or faculty member. This research project incorporates various aspects of the sports management curricula and consists of either a penultimate publishable paper or a poster presentation suited to the appropriate academic conference. This pathway would be geared towards those students wishing to continue their Sports Management education in graduate school, and need and desire the research and publishing/presentation exposure.