Muslim Life Coordinator
June 09, 2014
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Muslim Life Coordinator in the Office of Religious Life. This is a part-time (10 hours per week, 10 months per year) administrative faculty position. The salary is $6,000 and does not include benefits.
Candidates will want to review:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and lead weekly prayer services and holy day observances.
- Engage and provide support to Muslim students and faculty.
- Participate in various interfaith programs of the Office of Religious Life.
- Arrange for Muslim speakers and cultural groups to visit campus.
- Arrange for visits to nearby mosques.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in a closely related field or the liberal arts.
- Professional experience in a field closely related is strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills required in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must work well with people of all backgrounds and be a strong proponent of equal rights for all.
- Prior work experience with college students is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization and planning skills are essential.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin August 1, 2014.
The starting date for the position is August 19, 2014 (negotiable).
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.