Prepare to get involved. We’re can-do people, and with more than a thousand of us here together, there’s something happening almost every hour of the day:
- 5 a.m. – feed the horses at the Barn Co-operative
- 8 a.m. – shoot a scene with the Earlham Film Guild
- 10:30 a.m. – take a shuttle to volunteer at Richmond’s Latino Center
- 12 p.m. – participate in noon prayer
- 1 p.m. – hold office hours for Student Government
- 4 p.m. – work a shift at the Rose City Coffee Co-op
- 6 p.m. – attend a Herstory dinner at The Womyn’s Center
- 8:30 p.m. – rehearse for your skit in African Fest
- 10 p.m. – compete in a rec soccer game
- 1 a.m. – host a radio show at Earlham’s own station, WECI
- 3 a.m. – finish putting together an edition of The Earlham Word
Earlham’s community structure means there are very few hurdles to getting involved. If a group exists, you can join right in. In fact, we have an Involvement Fair every semester, where you can meet representatives of every club and sign up for their activities.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? If you have a passion that others share – Spelunking? Speaking Latin? – you can start a new group, and even apply for funding from our student organizations council.
With all the concerts, festivals, dinners, and performances put on by student groups, you’ll just have to remember to find time to do your homework.