With your new friends, you'll attend Earlham events and other activities, such as movies, off-campus trips, and informal study breaks, to give you a sense of college social life.
Choosing from one of the courses offered, you will experience a college-level course, developing skills that will better prepare you for college work, all while earning two semester hours of transferable college credit.
Just as with college, you must apply to attend the Explore-A-College Program. The final deadline is May 15, 2015. The application will be available online in early January 2015.
A Residential, College-Level, Summer Program for High School Students
Earlham's Explore-A-College Program provides you the opportunity to:
- immerse yourself in a college-like experience before you graduate from high school
- become familiar with one of the nation's leading colleges of arts and sciences
- take a college-level course and earn college credit
- live in a college dorm, have a roommate, eat in the dining hall, study in the college library
- gain insight into the level of academic preparation and focus necessary for collegiate academic success
- and, perhaps, have your first independent experience away from home
It's rewarding. It's fun. But it's not camp.
This two-week summer program is designed to be a "dress rehearsal" for college. By attending the Explore-A-College Program June 21 - July 4, 2015, you will develop college-level discussion, research, and time management skills that will better prepare you for college work. You are taught by an Earlham professor in a course of your choosing. Write papers, complete projects, give presentations, take tests and collaborate with new friends from all over the U.S. and abroad.
You will also experience the social aspects of college life, attending events and excursions, living in a dorm with a roommate and meeting people from many different backgrounds and cultures.