Looking for information on what the Free Store is or what items you can donate? If so click here.
Are you interested in becoming a Free Store Staff member? If so, you are in the right place. Below is a list of some of the tasks you will be responsible for completing as a Free Store Staff member. These duties may change as the store grows creates new programming.
• Working one two-hour shift in the Free Store per week for the duration of the semester
• Collecting donations from donation bins around campus and transporting them to the Free Store
• Screening donations for unacceptable items
• Sorting donations and placing them in appropriate location throughout the store
• Washing dirty items such as shoes, appliances and clothing accessories
• Laundering donated clothing and linen
- Are Free Store Staff paid? No, this is a volunteer position which lasts for a semester with the option of continuing into future semester if work is completed satisfactorily.
- Who’s in charge of the Free Store? There is a Free Store Manager who is a Student Sustainability Corps member who is in charge of Free Store operations. The manager works in close conjunction with the Sustainability Office which provides the Free Store with its budget.
- Who can become Free Store Staff? Any campus community member is eligible to become a staff member.
- What do I need to do to become Free Store Staff? Good question, see below!
- Are there any incentives to being Free Store Staff? Why of course there are! First, you get first dibs on anything donated to the store, you get an staff discount of 100% off any and all items, you’ll probably get to do a lot of laundry (and who doesn’t love doing laundry) and you’ll get incentives like gift cards to the bookstore or area businesses if you work an entire semester.
In order to become a Free Store Staff member you must do the following:
Complete the Free Store Volunteer Agreement and submit to: Free Store Manager, Faye Christoforo mvdsc123 (at) gmail (dot) com or drop it off in the Center for Integrated Learning or LBC 116
Click here to download the Free Store Volunteer Agreement.