The Earlham Student Senate (ESS) is the primary decision-making body of the ESG.
Members of Earlham Student Senate:
- All members of the Student Executive Council — The elected SEC officials are the two Co-Presidents, the Vice President of Communications, the Vice President of Nominations, the two Co-Conveners of the Student Organizations Council (SOC), the Secretary of Finance and the Events Coordinator. The Senate Clerk is appointed by the elected officials.
- The Recording Clerk of the Senate.
- Student Residence Council (SRC), representatives elected by their residence halls and college houses.
- Organization Representatives, one student from each student organization funded by Earlham College.
- One of the Student Activities Board Co-Conveners.
- Athletic Representatives, each Varsity and Club team has a seat on ESS.
- Committee Representatives, one student from each committee.
- At-Large Student Representatives.
- Senate Advisers, The Director of Student Engagement and Runyan Center as well as the Vice President of Student Life & Dean of Students will serve as advisers to the ESS. At least one co-adviser attends every ESS meeting.