The Office of Student Engagement and Runyan Center, located in Earlham Hall, is charged with many different aspects of student life at Earlham College. Among these responsibilities is Runyan Desk, the epicenter of the College student center, an important hub of activity for the campus and the location of Student Activities' physical office space.
The Office of Student Engagement and Runyan Center provides guidance for the Earlham Student Government, which includes:
- Student Executive Council and the Earlham Student Senate, which are the governing bodies of the students
- Student Nominating Committee, responsible for selecting students to serve on campus committees, monitoring these students and publicizing the business being addressed by these committees
- Student Organizations Council, responsible for monitoring and providing service and infrastructure to the 70 student clubs on campus
The Student Activities Board (SAB) is overseen by the Office of Student Engagement and Runyan Center. The SAB brings in extracurricular programs for student entertainment and gives Earlham students experience in event planning, promotion, organization and facilitation.
Student Activities also organizes day trips, on-campus programs, club sports, area shuttles and assists all recognized clubs and organizations with planning and execution of their events. The office organizes leadership workshops for student leaders. Topics have included:
- emerging leadership
- financial management
- organizational development
- community engagement and involvement
The Office of Student Engagement and Runyan Center welcomes students, faculty and staff suggestions for programming.