Earlham Residence Hall is conveniently located in the center of campus and is connected to Runyan Center and the dining hall.
The following offices are located on the first floor:
- Student Development
- Residence Life
- Campus Safety & Security
- Health Services
- Counseling Services
Amenities and Facilities Details
Average Room Dimensions:
- Window: 2.5' x 6'
- Room: 12' x 13'
- Ceiling: 9.5'
Click for a diagram of each floor of the residence hall:
The College supplies the following items for each student:
- 1 extra long twin-sized bed
- 1 desk with chair
- 1 dresser
- 1 towel rack or hook
- 1 bookcase per room
- 1 mirror per room
- Two in all, conveniently located on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Each kitchen is equipped with microwaves, full-size refrigerators, stoves, sinks, counter-space, and some individual storage units.
- Located on the 2nd floor, with washers and dryers.
- Limited storage space is available for students over the summer free of charge. Please refer to Earlham College's Storage Policy for further instruction.
Television and Cable:
- The residence hall is equipped with a TV lounge.
- Ethernet (network) data jack and access to the building’s WiFi connection provided in each room. One standard cat-5 compatible Ethernet jack for 100 Mbps connection to campus network and internet is available in each room, students may utilize a standard splitter or network hub if additional ports are needed.
- Located at the entrance to the dining hall. Drink and snack machines are both available.
Safety and Fire Information
Each residence hall is equipped with an electronic fire alarm system consisting of strobe and horn fixtures, fire alarm pull stations, and smoke detectors in all resident room and common areas and thermal (heat) detectors in the kitchens. Fire extinguishers are located throughout the residence hall. Fire escape plans are located on the back of each resident's door.
Instructions for properly heating/cooling your room safely are provided by the College.
All residence halls have a card access system. Students, teaching and administrative faculty with an encoded ID are afforded access. Campus phones outside each building provide access to residents or to Campus Safety & Security in case of an emergency.
Phone: (765) 983-1244