College Meeting for Worship
The weekly College Meeting for Worship combines quiet worship, readings, music, and a prepared message by a senior student or faculty member. Designed as a semi-programmed Quaker service, each week’s speaker is encouraged to creatively incorporate elements from his or her own religious tradition. Worship begins at 1 p.m. on Sundays in Stout Meetinghouse.
Spring 2018 —
“Coming Home Together”
What is the connection between home and community?
How can accountability lead us home?
How do you approach aspects of your community that fail to nourish?
What do you see as your role in your community?
- 14: Hagi Bradley, Vice President of Student Life & Dean of Students
- 21: Kaitlyn Funck, Senior Biology Major
- 28: Rose Commins, Senior English Major
- 4: Rebecca Richeimer, Senior Peace & Global Studies Major
- 11: Antonio Maestas, Senior Sociology/Anthropology Major
- 18: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends
- 25: Ahmed Khanani, Assistant Professor of Politics
- 4: Tim Souders, Senior History Major
- 11: Spring Break – No Service
- 18: Spring Break – No Service
- 25 Mahmoud Mahdi, Senior Biochemistry Major
- 1: Susan Wilson, Administrative Assistant, Office of Religious Life and Newlin Quaker Center
- 8: Grace Makhoul, Senior Comparative Languages & Linguistics and Peace & Global Studies Major
- 15: Selina Hardt, Senior Peace & Global Studies and Psychology Major
- 22: Cyrus Buckman, Senior Biochemistry Major
- 29: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends