College Meeting for Worship
The weekly College Meeting for Worship combines quiet worship, readings, music, and a prepared message by a senior student or faculty member. Designed as a semi-programmed Quaker service, each week’s speaker is encouraged to creatively incorporate elements from his or her own religious tradition. Worship begins at 1 p.m. on Sundays in Stout Meetinghouse.
Spring 2017 —
“Cycles & Shifts”
How do you experience change?
How do you engage with cycles individually and/or collectively?
How might traditions stimulate and/or constrain?
Where do you find yourself amongst chaos and determinism?
- 15: Julius Mansa, Muslim Life Coordinator
- 22: Abou-Nica Fomukong, Senior Neuroscience Major
- 29: Ram Itani, Senior Chemistry & Physics Major
- 5: Adam Finn, Senior Comparative Languages & Linguistics Major
- 12: Rohma Zubair, Senior Economics Major
- 19: Kristina Brunner, Senior Religion Major
- 26: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends
- 5: Sierra Mohamed, Senior Peace & Global Studies Major
- 12: Nick Johnson, Head Football Coach
- 19: Spring Break
- 26: Spring Break
- 2: Margaret Tojo, Senior Chemistry Major
- 9: Regan Lowring, Senior Environmental Studies Major
- 16: Brandon McClendon, Senior Arts, Activism and Community Empowerment Major
- 23: Emily Filler, Assistant Professor of Jewish Studies and Chair of the Jewish Studies Program
- 30: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends