Administrative Assistant — Academic Enrichment Center
May 02, 2019
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Academic Enrichment Center and associates. This is a full-time (40 hours per week during the academic year, 30 hours per week in the summer), hourly staff position with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of the 90-day introductory period. Compensation also includes a benefits package.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain all office files, including confidential disability records and peer tutoring records using Microsoft Access software.
- Notify tutors, tutee and faculty of one-on-one peer tutoring assignments.
- Record student contacts of pre-arranged tutoring sessions; distribute the reports to faculty.
- Process the student payroll of 40+ students.
- Generate disability accommodation memos, office correspondence, and promotional flyers.
- Manage adaptive technology, i.e., Livescribe Pens.
- Oversee the production of high-quality documents in Kurzweil 3000.
- Schedule and organize office meetings and events.
- Provide receptionist duties: answer and direct questions from students, parents, faculty, staff and other campus guests via phone, in person and by email.
- Order supplies, process invoices, and credit-card reports; maintain financial records and transfer expenditures to the appropriate accounts.
- Assist with supervision of work-study students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certification is required.
- An associate’s degree or one to two years of experience working in a post-secondary academic environment is preferred.
- Computer training in Microsoft Office applications and an ability to learn other computer software programs.
- Must be able to problem solve and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work and supervise students in a diverse atmosphere.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple project deadlines in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualified employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly.
All applicants, whether or not they are current employees, should send a letter of application; resume; and the name, position title, email and phone number for three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.