Welcome Desk Supervisor — Wellness Programs
April 08, 2019
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Welcome Desk Supervisor in the Athletics and Wellness Center. This is a part-time (20 hours per week), hourly staff position with a wage of $7.25 per hour. The position is supervised by the Director of Wellness Programs.
The Welcome Desk Supervisor greets Athletics and Wellness Center guests, supervises entry in to the facility, and maintains the Welcome Desk.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet Athletics and Wellness Center guests.
- Administer memberships.
- Enroll patrons into facility entry system.
- Report on time to work with proper uniform and name tag.
- Address patron concerns and questions involving Energy Center or Wellness programs taking place within the Athletics and Wellness Center.
- Complete the shift report in its entirety.
- Take the initiative to tend to any areas in need of attention.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
- Follow all employee procedures outlined in Employee Manual.
- Know and enforce Athletics and Wellness Center policies, such as shoes, bikes, etc.
- Read, date and initial Welcome Desk communication log at the start of each shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Ability to lift at least around 15-45 pounds, as moving equipment is a regular part of this position.
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work mornings and afternoons, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., three days per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- General administrative assistant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in the supervision of student staff.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills, and the ability to handle confidential information while focusing appropriately on the task at hand.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are expected.
Qualified employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly.
All applicants, whether or not they are current employees, should send a letter of application; resume; and the name, position title, email and phone number for three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.