Assistant Director of International Admission — Enrollment Management
November 08, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of International Admission in the Department of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package. The Assistant Director of International Admission serves as an administrative member of the Earlham faculty and will report to the Director of Admission and ultimately to the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assume supervisory responsibilities for key admissions operations.
- Research, develop and implement office-wide strategic international recruitment initiatives in conjunction with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Director of Admission.
- Participate as a team member in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and enrollment of first-year international students in a goal-oriented setting.
- Travel in an assigned international and domestic territory; usually 6-8 weeks in the fall and 3-4 weeks in the spring.
- Review and evaluate international application materials in a thorough and timely manner, recommending admission and eligibility for academic scholarship in keeping with established guidelines.
- Represent the College during high school visits and college fair programs.
- Communicate in person, through social media and email, on the telephone, and through mailings with students, families and counselors.
- Conduct on- and off-campus interviews with prospective students and applicants.
- Participate in the planning and execution of on- and off-campus events.
- Perform auxiliary enrollment management duties to be determined.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to enthusiastically promote the value of an Earlham liberal arts education to students, their families and center of influence.
- Project a professional image of the College.
- Demonstrate strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office applications and social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Slate and Enrollment Planning Service (EPS).
- Experience with standardized testing and interpretation of international secondary educational records.
- Ability to travel and work nonstandard hours, including evenings and weekends.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of progressive professional international admission experience is preferred.
- Experience overseeing key Admission operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of a CRM: Slate, Enrollment Planning Services (EPS) and familiarity with Ellucian Banner are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate the attributes and benefits of a liberal arts education.
- Familiarity with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) is preferred.
- Extensive travel is required; must have a valid driver’s license and a valid passport.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.