Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
August 20, 2019
Earlham College is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement in the Office of Institutional Advancement. This is a full-time, 12-month Administrative Faculty position. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement is charged with securing commitments from alumni to provide professional expertise and volunteer service; collaborating with colleagues in various campus departments (including, but not limited to the Center for Global and Career Education and the Office of Admission).
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategically manage and coordinate alumni volunteer opportunities with other campus entities such as admissions and the Center for Global and Career Education.
- Identify, recruit, manage and develop stewardship plans, and track alumni volunteers.
- Serve as the liaison between the Institutional Advancement Office and Center for Global and Career Education.
- Work with other appropriate areas on campus to develop and prepare volunteer training materials.
- Coordinate alumni visits to campus for academic department engagement or career education related events.
- Help enhance current, and develop and recommend new, alumni volunteer opportunities that strategically engage alumni in strengthening the goals of the institution.
- Support the Director of Alumni Engagement with the Alumni Council and staff committees as assigned.
- Assist the Director of Alumni Engagement in the development of a volunteer management strategy to include volunteer cultivation.
- Develop process to track the effectiveness of programming initiatives. Create metrics to measure program success and staff effectiveness.
- Oversee and coordinate the class chair program.
- Assist with planning activities related to Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, including planning Alumni Awards program and coordinating efforts with alumni volunteers, student ambassadors, student government, faculty and other campus departments.
- Plan, coordinate and staff career education events and programs that involve alumni and engagement with students (e.g. alumni mentors, mock interviews, resume reviews, Alumni Connections Social, etc.) on and off campus.
- Assist with supporting events related to alumni involvement such as Family Weekend, New Student Orientation, Commencement and Legacy Family programming.
- Represent the College when needed at on-campus events, regional events, alumni gatherings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in admission, alumni relations, or marketing and communications in a college or university setting.
- Demonstrated expertise in volunteer management, career services and data tracking.
- Skill in a range of technology platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills is essential.
- The ability to do some travel as well as to perform evening and weekend responsibilities is expected.
- Strong skills and attention to detail in the areas of written and verbal communication, editing, organization, and planning.
Please send a letter of application addressing the responsibilities of the position and qualifications of the applicant; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.