Assistant Director of Financial Aid
December 18, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Financial Aid. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. This position is supervised by the Director of Financial Aid
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid will perform a variety of services related to the Direct Loan Program, meeting with students and families, and assisting the Director in day-to-day operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the Federal Direct Loan Program and all Title IV funds across campus including ESR and graduate programs.
- Certifies and maintains all outside loan records.
- Assists the director in packaging of all returning and new student awards.
- Completes setup and awarding for all of Earlham’s graduate level programs.
- Assists the Director with aid year set up and software implementation.
- Works directly with students, staff and faculty.
- Works closely with student accounts, advising students about balances and how to pay for them.
- Participates in enrollment confirmation and financial aid presentations on campus as needed.
- Meets and advises prospective students, returning students and their parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written, oral and people skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner and Technolutions Slate.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Punctuality and reliability.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree is required, although a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five years in an office setting with a record of increased responsibility.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.