Director of Annual Giving — Institutional Advancement
December 13, 2018
Earlham College is seeking to fill the position of Director of Annual Giving in the Office of Institutional Advancement. This is a full time, 12-month Administrative Faculty position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation and evaluation of the College’s annual giving program. The Director reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and supervises two full-time team members. The Director works closely with the Major Gifts staff, Communications and Marketing staff, and other members of the College Institutional Advancement staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy for the annual fund each year, including all printed materials, e-communications, social media, and the annual fund website.
- Oversee the College’s reunion-giving and phonathan program.
- Oversee the campus annual giving day.
- Develop an effective Parents Council that supports parent giving to the Earlham Fund.
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations team on communication and outreach to alumni in order to engage them philanthropically.
- Cultivate a culture of philanthropy on campus with faculty, staff and students.
- Develop statistical evaluation of the annual giving effort that informs fundraising efforts. This includes tracking fundraising results from each solicitation, monitoring progress toward the goal of the Earlham Fund, and analyzing trends in giving over time and within donor categories.
- Serve as the Institutional Advancement liaison for the Development Committee of the Alumni Council.
- Prepare reports for the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the President of the College, the Board of Trustees and the Alumni Council as needed.
- Oversee and maintain unit budget and expenditures.
- Provide direction and content for annual giving’s presence in Earlham publications, e-communications, social media, and on the College’s website.
- Represent the College at selected events and perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel is required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Four years of direct experience in annual giving, preferably for an institution of higher learning.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Demonstrate work experience combining direct-mail fundraising, marketing, alumni relations and/or admissions.
- Commitment to the ideals of a liberal arts education.
- Organized, creative, highly analytical and have excellent communication skills.
- Firm understanding of fundraising concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and a proven professional track record.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of application that addresses your interest in this position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address, and telephone number of three professional references, including a reference with direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional skills. The above application materials should be sent in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.