Network Administrator — Information Technology Services/Infrastructure Services
November 06, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Network Administrator in the Infrastructure Services Division of Information Technology Services. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Earlham College Information Technology Services (ITS) configures and supports a high-speed, 10GB fiber network infrastructure that connects to I-Light, Indiana’s high-speed fiber optic education network. The College’s physical network is primarily supported by HPE/Aruba hardware and the college has a 650-access point Aruba wireless network. The Network Administrator will work collaboratively as a member of the Infrastructure Services Team and in cross-functional teams within ITS to embrace the mission and strategic goals of Earlham College and the role of technology in fulfilling those goals. The successful candidate is expected to resolve problems, complete projects, respond to service requests in a timely manner, and be available for after-hours support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, configure, troubleshoot and maintain the network systems, structured cabling systems, telecommunication systems and integrated technical systems in support of the College’s academic and business missions.
- Provide day-to-day end-user support of network system and telecommunication system related service requests.
- Contribute to the efforts of safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the enterprise infrastructure and information assets across the College.
- Participate in the work of Information Technology Services as needed.
- As a member of the Earlham College faculty, participate in the work of the faculty: attending faculty meetings, and, if nominated, serving on faculty committees.
- Install, configure and maintain network system and telecommunication system hardware, software and structured cabling.
- Provide, install, troubleshoot and support wired and wireless network access devices, and other structured cabling systems.
- Assist with service disruptions including classification, prioritization and initiation of action, documentation of facts, analysis of root cause, and implementation of remedies.
- Provide user training for network systems and telecommunication systems when necessary.
- Maintain network documentation and diagrams.
- Work closely with members of the Facilities and Public Safety departments to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Participate in intra-departmental projects and committees as appropriate.
- Work with outside vendors and consultants as needed.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support when appropriate.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven years of experience supporting and designing a large-scale, multi-building network environment.
- Experience with a variety of network services supporting a converged voice, video, data network to include DNS/DHCP, network VLAN assignments and subnetting, network monitoring and management, load balancing, firewalls, IPv4 and IPv6, and 802.1x.
- Experience configuring and supporting network security appliances.
- General working knowledge of incident and change management procedures.
- Ability to clearly document processes and procedures.
- Ability to resolve problems, complete projects, and respond to service requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to work equally well as a member of a team or individually.
- Seven or more years of experience supporting and designing a large-scale, multi-building network environment.
- Experience with Aruba Wireless and ClearPass.
- Experience with Brocade or HPE network switches.
- Experience supporting VoIP platforms such as Mitel.
- Experience with Sonicwall or similar network security appliances.
- Experience with Network Printing configuration and support.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, Network+ and JNCP.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.