Campus Store Manager — Events and Operations
August 14, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Campus Store Manager in the Events and Operations Office. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director of Events and Operations, the Campus Store Manager will:
- Organize and supervise operations to meet goals and objectives.
- Initiate all activities, including ordering, merchandising, receiving and inventory.
- Supervise and evaluate staff.
- Supervise and evaluate college work-study students as part of management team for Store.
- Act as point of contact for College departments for the purchase of Earlham merchandise.
- Develop and enhance the Campus Store operation.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures to address operational and long-term goals, including cash handling, pricing standards, loss prevention, book buyback and customer relations for the Campus Store.
- Establish and maintain controls for sales, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Campus Store and postal functions, including new software, internal controls, new electronic payment technologies, inventory and customer service.
- Ensure the College maintains compliance with the current revision of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (book price comparisons) and College policies and procedures.
- As necessary, meet with auditors to provide information for accuracy of inventory on an annual basis.
- Work collaboratively with administration to prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Establish and oversee a centralized purchasing process for the campus.
- Develop and enhance the marketing processes for the Campus Store.
- Manage the Earlham vending machines contract and account.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Three or more years of retail management experience.
- Experience managing campus store operations is preferred.
- Three years of supervising or any satisfactory documentation of experience, and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Broad knowledge of retail sales operations and management, merchandising, computerized applications of point of sales and textbook management as well as accepted business and retail, publisher and vendor practices.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, including spreadsheet and Word software.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the initiative to work independently to meet deadlines and resolve issues.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and communicate as well as reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single electronic file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.