Runyan Center Desk Assistant — Student Life
August 08, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for a Runyan Center Desk Assistant in Student Life. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) hourly staff position with a pay rate of $7.25 per hour. The position is for the 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. shift.
The Runyan Center Desk Assistant positions require working closely with the Assistant Director of Student Engagement and Runyan Center, and understanding the operational necessities of Runyan Desk and Runyan Center.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Student Engagement and Runyan Center, the Runyan Center Desk Assistant is responsible for daily desk operations which include but are not limited to: key inventory, resource check out, lost and Found, problem solving, and information sharing.
This position requires prompt and attentive customer service. The position requires proper phone etiquette and customer service skills. All employees are representatives of the College and are required to act as such.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall management of resources provided by Runyan Center.
- Operate a telephone, facsimile and computer proficiently.
- Properly open and close the desk area daily, and properly open and close entire building as scheduled.
- Familiarize yourself and be proficient in the operation of all office equipment.
- Stay updated on the campus events and activities by checking 25Live and reviewing the posted fliers around campus routinely.
- Attend appropriate training and orientation sessions as required for the position.
- Be punctual for your shifts and arrive five minutes before your shift begins.
- Provide a positive example to our community and other employees by adhering to all College, building and desk policies.
- Straighten the informational items on the counter daily; and general cleaning to keep the desk area neat and tidy.
- Provide written and/or verbal feedback about the position and updates on supply inventories to the Student Activities and Runyan Center Coordinator.
- Dress neatly and appropriately (wearing the Runyan Center Desk Polo) daily and for special occasions (i.e. Preview Days, Homecoming/Fall Festival, Family Weekend, etc.).
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- General administrative assistant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information while focusing appropriately on the task at hand.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are expected.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).