Welcome Desk Supervisor — Wellness Programs
August 08, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Welcome Desk Supervisor in Wellness Programs. This is a part-time (25 hours per week) hourly staff position with a pay rate of $7.25 per hour.
This position greets Athletics and Wellness Center (AWC) guests, supervises entry in to the AWC, and maintains the Welcome Desk. The position reports to the Director of Wellness Programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet AWC guests.
- Administer memberships.
- Enroll patrons into facility-entry system.
- Report on time to work with proper uniform and nametag.
- Address patron concerns and questions involving Energy Center or Wellness programs taking place within the AWC.
- Complete the shift report in its entirety.
- Take the initiative to tend to any areas in need of attention.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
- Follow all employee procedures outlined in Employee Manual.
- Know and enforce AWC policies, such as shoes, bikes, etc.
- Read, date and initial Welcome Desk communication log at the start of each shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- Ability to lift at least around 15-45 pounds, as moving equipment is a regular part of this position.
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work early mornings, 5:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- General administrative assistant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in the supervision of student staff.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills, and the ability to handle confidential information while focusing appropriately on the task at hand.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are expected.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.