Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) — Institutional Advancement
June 25, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Institutional Advancement Office. This is a part-time (27 hours per week, 12 months per year) hourly staff position with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period.
The duties of this part-time Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement (IA) include providing general administrative support to the IA operation, including but not limited to welcoming guests, answering the phone, scheduling appointments and assisting with special events and programs.
This position reports to the Director of Alumni Relations and works cooperatively with all members of the Institutional Advancement staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as front-line ambassador for the Institutional Advancement Office, including but not limited to welcoming office visitors and the primary person answering the main office phone line.
- Assist with in-house mailings as necessary related to, stewardship, invitations and solicitations.
- Update Banner database with assigned projects, which may include applying codes to constituent records, updating prospect moves management system.
- Produce reports from Institutional Advancement databases such as Acceptiva, Argos, Banner Self Service and Box.
- Assist with on- and off-campus events including Alumni Council meetings, regional events, Earlham Day and Homecoming and Reunion Weekend.
- Manage the IA Office supply inventory and place orders as needed.
- Open and distribute the office mail, stamp and record all checks on gift roster to give to Gift and Data Entry Specialist.
- Utilize Microsoft Office for managing reservation lists, mail merges and donor stewardship mailings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Accurate typing skills; general secretarial and/or accounting experience.
- Pleasant personality for greeting visitors and answering phones.
- An aptitude to learn databases, willingness to learn new computer programs such as Google Drive, meeting polls and 25Live.
- Ability to work well with colleagues.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.