Advancement Services Coordinator — Institutional Advancement
April 26, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Advancement Services Coordinator in the Institutional Advancement Office. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package.
The duties of the Advancement Services Coordinator include overseeing the processing of gifts and pledges to Earlham, serving as the back-up gift processor as needed and stewarding certain gifts to the College.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate the processing of gifts and pledges.
- Oversee the creation of designations and addition of names and other pertinent information for all new gifts and donors to the database.
- Manage online giving, including vendor relationship and accounting reports.
- Oversee pledge reminders and pledge cleanup.
- Oversee gift acknowledgement and pledge confirmation process for gifts including matching gifts, gifts in kind, recurring gifts, payroll deduction, and memorial/honoree letters to families/honorees.
- Work closely with the Directors of Advancement Services and Development Operations to identify ways to improve integrity of gift records, develop and maintain data entry standards.
- Assist with on-campus events such as Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Earlham Day and other special events or meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate Excel proficiency and experience in performing mail merge a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand principles of alumni/donor customer service and importance of building constituent relationships.
- Ability to work accurately and precisely with tasks of a detailed nature, conscientiously adhering to guidelines, performance standards and policies.
- Proficiency in organizing a variety of commitments and deadlines, altering time frames and schedules, and reporting on problems and progress in a timely manner.
- Administrative, organizational and multitasking skills; ability to:
- work in a fast-paced environment while adhering to strict deadlines,
- pay attention to detail,
- work independently, and
- adapt to change.
- Ability to follow up and closely control all activities assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administrator or related field; equivalent combination of relevant experience and education can be substituted in place of conferred degree.
- Understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Hands-on database experience is required; ability to receive or communicate confidential or sensitive information with high level of discretion is required.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and unquestionable personal integrity.
- Experience working in a higher education setting or not-for-profit industry accounting.
- Hands on experience with Ellucian Banner.
- One-year bookkeeping or basic accounting experience.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.