June 19, 2019
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Admission Counselor in the Department of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package. This position reports to the Director of Admission, ultimately reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate as a team member in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and enrollment of first-year students in a goal-oriented setting.
- Travel in a geographically assigned territory; usually 6-8 weeks in the fall and 3-4 weeks in the spring.
- Review and evaluate application materials in a thorough and timely manner, recommending admission and eligibility for academic scholarship in keeping with established guidelines.
- Represent the College during high school visits and college fair programs.
- Communicate in person, through social media and email, on the telephone, and through mailings with students, families and counselors.
- Conduct on- and off-campus interviews with prospective students and applicants.
- Participate in the planning and execution of campus and off-campus events.
- Auxiliary enrollment management duties will be determined.
- Must be occasionally available for evening and weekend work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to enthusiastically promote the value of an Earlham liberal arts education to students, their families, and centers of influence.
- Project a professional image of the College.
- Demonstrate strong writing, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office applications and social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Slate and Enrollment Planning Service (EPS).
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Up to three years of professional admission or related experience.
- Extensive travel is required, must have a valid driver’s license.
- Employment or volunteer experience in a college admissions office will be considered.
- Familiarity with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) is preferred.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.