Director of Admission
April 11, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Director of Admission in the Department of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package. This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
The Director of Admission manages the admissions department in partnership with the Vice President for Enrollment Management. The Director provides vision to inspire, motivate, coach and mentor professional and support staff in setting and reaching enrollment goals. The Director assumes responsibility for the development and management of the College’s recruitment plan, evaluation and enrollment of first year and transfer students in accordance with established College goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise, counsel and work closely with the Vice President of Enrollment Management on matters related to the development and implementation of policy, budget, personnel, strategic planning and team building.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communication, oversee the management and implementation of the College’s enrollment and marketing communication plan.
- Exercise full supervisory authority for professional counseling staff.
- Coordinate and supervise training for new admission counseling staff members.
- Coordinate travel assignments and monitor travel budget for admissions counseling staff members.
- In collaboration with the Director of Admissions Operations and the Director of International Admissions, oversee the support staff and implementation of the College’s student recruitment programs and processes.
- Oversee efforts to recruit and enroll a socio-economically diverse and multicultural student body.
- Oversee admission sub-committees on campus visitation, multicultural recruitment and social media.
- Represent the department to various constituents within Earlham College and the greater Richmond community, acting as the Vice President’s representative when appropriate.
- All related responsibilities of an Admissions Counselor, including management of a geographic territory, representing the College at high schools and college fairs, conducting student interviews and group information presentations, and serving on the selection committee with responsibility for reading applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze and effectively use data to make informed decisions.
- Knowledge of current enrollment management trends and issues.
- Ability to managing multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively supervise, plan and coordinate the work of others.
- Development and implementation of successful marketing and recruitment plans to meet departmental and College goals.
- Effectively recruit, hire, evaluate and motivate departmental employees and provide support for training in a team environment.
- Ability to enthusiastically promote the value of an Earlham liberal arts education to students, their families and center of influence.
- Project a professional image of the College.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Slate and Enrollment Planning Service (EPS).
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner.
- Exemplary customer service skills and relationship building skills.
- Experience with standardized testing and interpretation of secondary educational records.
- Ability to travel and work nonstandard hours, including evenings and weekends.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Eight or more years of progressive admission experience required, with at least four in a selective admissions environment is preferred.
- Supervisory experience required with a demonstrated ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve goals.
- Experience in working with transfer, multicultural and international student populations is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a CRM: Slate, Banner, Enrollment Planning Services (EPS) and Ellucian Banner is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate the attributes and benefits of a liberal arts education.
- Travel is required; must have a valid driver’s license and valid passport.
- Familiarity with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) is preferred.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.