25Live Scheduler/Administrative Assistant — Events and Operations
April 05, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of 25Live Scheduler/Administrative Assistant in the Office of Events and Operations. This is a full-time, 12-month hourly staff position with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period. Compensation includes a benefit package.
The 25Live Scheduler/Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical services for the Office of Events and Operations, reporting directly to the Director of Events and Operations — who oversees Campus Events, Summer Programs, Space Scheduling, Food Services, Campus Store and Post Office. Tasks may be assigned to support any one or all of these areas at any given time.
This position is responsible for:
- Daily oversight, problem resolution, and enhancement of all processes within the Office of Events and Operations for academic, summer conference and third-party event space scheduling and facility utilization coordination.
- 25Live space requests pertaining to academic space and event scheduling, including development of test plans and directing testing for system upgrades.
- 25Live resource upgrades and support of event production process upgrades.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of academic space and event scheduling reservations. This includes managing classroom space schedules, reservations, room set-ups, and accommodating internal and external client needs.
- Providing support for event requests from third-party clients, drawing up contracts for 3rd party clients, prepare accounting statement and billing for third-party clients.
- Creating, maintaining and updating accurate datasets for various reporting needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains and manages functional implementations or upgrades of 25Live scheduling software.
- Manages the 25Series line of productions, including 25Live Event Management, 25Live Class Scheduling Lynx, 25Live Administration Utility and 25Live Configuration Utility.
- Manages interface between 25Live system and the SIS, investigates errors and running logs to identify potential issues.
- Collaborates with the Registrar on assigning classrooms in 25Series for course based on space, class size and technological needs.
- Assists writing rules, tests and filters for Colleague system that is used for distributed class scheduling.
- Maintains cancellations or changes of all classroom assignments.
- Maintains appropriate security access for all users in 25Series and Colleague, and monitors use to ensure compliance with policies and high data quality.
- Creates/Maintains a variety of 25Series calendars.
- Leads continuing efforts to improve scheduling and calendaring applications.
- Prepares space utilization reports.
- Assists with managing space reservations and approvals.
- Helps to develop facilities scheduling procedures to maximize effective space utilization.
- Works to maximize space availability and monitor space utilization through strategic scheduling practices and the use of 25Series scheduling software.
- Ensures that guidelines and rules are followed for events posted on events calendar.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Events to determine event needs and allocated space in the most appropriate manner.
- Works closely with facilities and other college departments to arrange for event details and logistics in 25Live.
- Supervises the day-to-day office functions of events to ensure that goals of the individual as well as the office are being achieved.
- Attends trainings and meetings when necessary.
- Assists with the online space and event requests for third-party clients.
- Assists with drawing up of contracts, space scheduling, invoicing for third-party clients.
- Assists with general office responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Events.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree or 2+ years of experience in campus scheduling, office procedures and events management.
- Experience in space management systems.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Qualtrics.
- Effective and professional verbal, written and listening communications skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include handling confidential information.
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Ability to manage multi‐faceted, multi‐site, fast‐paced, service‐oriented educational auxiliary enterprises, including conference service management.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, solve problems and adjust quickly to changing situations while maintaining strong commitment to customer service.
- Willing to learn new computer programs for skills development as requested.
- Experience in events and/or arts management is preferred.
- Positive, flexible, diplomatic and effective work style that can work well with others to reach mutual goals.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.