Assistant Men's Golf Coach
April 05, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men's Golf Coach in the Department of Athletics. This is a part-time, 10-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Assistant Men's Golf Coach supports the efforts of the golf program and works to assist the Head Golf Coach, performing all duties in compliance with all the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and Earlham College.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach in generating and responding to contacts generated throughout the year. These include coaches’ mailings, attendance at tournaments and showcases, observing team camps, recruiting services, and admissions contacts.
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits on a regular basis as necessary.
- Assist in summer recruiting efforts by attending showcases as availability allows.
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Assure practices and contests are set up in advance.
- Direct breakdown drills providing individual player attention and more repetitions per player.
- Assist in overseeing weight training and individual workouts in season.
- Assist in designing off-season workouts for player improvement.
- Assist Head Coach with on-course coaching at tournaments and events.
- Assist Head Coach with planning and administering home tournaments and events.
- Availability to take teams to away events on weekends and select weekdays.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and equipment.
- Assist with all program fundraisers and alumni outreach.
- Assist with appropriate program marketing including social media accounts.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his or her duties.
- Be an active member of the athletics department staff by attending staff meetings, supporting other athletics programs and being responsive to the needs of departmental support staff (administrative leadership, support staff, athletic trainer(s), etc.).
- Remain in contact with the sports information office and respond to requests as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous collegiate experience whether it be coaching or playing, and/or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- A current and valid driver’s license is required.
All Department of Athletics employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Conference and College rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Violation of NCAA and other College or Conference regulations shall be subject to possible disciplinary action.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).