Administrative Assistant — Center for Career and Community Engagement
March 28, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Center for Career and Community Engagement. This is a full-time, 12-month hourly staff position with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period. Compensation includes a benefit package.
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support for the Center for Career and Community Engagement (CCE). The workstation is in an open reception area. The position requires comfort and confidence in using personal computers and willingness to learn new programs and support their use, including web-based applications. Candidates must be able to effectively work with the public, and be very familiar with other campus departments and services. Additionally, the position requires the successful candidate be able to communicate complex information clearly to members of the campus community and beyond. This position reports to the Director of Community Engagement in the CCE, and also supports the Director of Career Education and their direct reports.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall administrative support for Career Education and Community Engagement.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for assigned faculty including scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, managing projects, and other support functions.
- Serve as the first point-of-contact for visitors to the CCE, and provide positive interactions and assistance to students, staff, faculty, and employer visitors.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Community Engagement shuttle, including the online reservation system and communication with riders and student drivers.
- Assist with all on-campus marketing and promotion efforts for the Center.
- Assist with supervision of student workers in the Center.
- Perform data entry using various technology platforms used by the Center.
- Coordinate production and distribution of Center publications, materials, letters and emails.
- Coordinate arrangements for events and meetings, including travel, room reservations, RSVPs, hospitality and set-up.
- Process, monitor, track and report expenses as requested.
- Maintain files, records and other forms of data for supporting the CCE.
- Occasionally drive Earlham vehicles to complete local errands and duties.
- Take minutes as requested at programmatic meetings.
- Maintain professional appearance of the Center.
- Carry out other duties and special projects as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required; an associate degree is preferred.
- 1-2 years of work experience in an administrative office setting.
- Background and familiarity with web-based technology, social media and database management.
- Familiarity and interest in working closely with college-age student populations.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, collaborative work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage short-term, long-term and recurring projects and duties.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments coming from different people simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.