Senior Administrative Assistant for Internships and Employer Relations
March 23, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant for Internships and Employer Relations in the Center for Career and Community Engagement. This is a full-time, 12-month hourly staff position with a starting rate of $12.82 per hour, with an increase to $12.97 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period. Compensation includes a benefit package.
The Senior Administrative Assistant for Internships and Employer Relations provides secretarial and administrative support for the office of Employer Relations in the Center for Career and Community Engagement (CCE), EPIC initiatives, the EPIC Advantage program, the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Senior Adviser for Integrative Education. The position requires comfort and confidence in effectively using technology on a daily basis including, but not limited to, personal computers, Banner (the student record system), Handshake (the career services management system), 25Live (room reservation system), Slack (intra-office communication system), Moodle, email and calendaring software, Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel, and multi-line phone system. Successful candidates also must demonstrate a willingness to learn new programs and support their use, including web-based applications.
This position will require the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high traffic area with frequent interruptions. Additionally, the position requires that the successful candidate be able to clearly communicate complex information to a very diverse audience including students, college employees, employers and community partners. This position reports to the Director of Employer Relations and works closely with the faculty and staff working in Employer Relations with an emphasis on supporting the EPIC Advantage program.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall administrative support for the office of Employer Relations, the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the Senior Adviser for Integrative Education.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for assigned faculty including scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, managing projects, and other support functions.
- Leverage digital technology platforms (Moodle, Handshake) to track and assess all aspects of the internship program including applications, award information, learning contracts, assignments and evaluations.
- Provide significant administrative support to the internship program including tracking and documenting various processes and communicating with students, faculty and external partners.
- Assist in planning and execution of major events including InternshipFest, the Graduate School Fair, EPIC Expo, Employer Fairs and other events.
- Assist with administration of various grants including tracking and reconciliation of budgets.
- Coordinate arrangements for events and meetings sponsored by the Center, including travel, room reservations, RSVP’s, hospitality and set-up, and assisting with site visit coordination.
- Coordinate production and distribution of internship and employer-related publications, materials, letters and emails.
- Coordinate staffing schedule for the Center’s reception desk ensuring reception desk is supervised at all times.
- Maintain and update relevant website pages with current and accurate information regarding employer relations activities including the various funded internship programs.
- Assist with managing attendance and workload of the Center’s student workers.
- Process, monitor, track and report Center expenses as approved by the Directors.
- Assist with on-campus marketing and promotion efforts for the Center.
- Perform receptionist duties such as greeting visitors and managing incoming phone calls.
- Maintain Center supplies, files, records and other forms of data.
- Participate in Earlham College projects and serve on various college committees.
- Take minutes as requested at programmatic meetings.
- Maintain professional appearance of the Center.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate, and 3-5 years experience is required.
- Experience with internship coordination or similar program coordination.
- Background and familiarity with web-based technology, social media and database management.
- Familiarity and interest in working closely with college-age student populations.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, collaborative work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage short-term, long-term and recurring projects.
- Handle multiple assignments coming from different people simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills.
- General secretarial experience.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).