Energy Center Staff — Wellness Programs
July 12, 2018
Earlham College is seeking Energy Center staff to work in the Wellness Programs. These are temporary and seasonal positions (no more than 18 weeks hours per week). The pay rate for these positions is $7.25 per hour with no benefits.
Energy Center staff members maintain and upkeep the equipment of the facility. They also answer questions to concerns, and provide proper instruction to ensure the safety of patrons utilizing the Energy Center.
The position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Wellness Programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Report on time to work with proper uniform and name tag.
- Provide instruction of proper exercise equipment use and techniques.
- Address patron concerns and questions involving Energy Center or Wellness programs taking place within the Athletics & Wellness Center.
- Thoroughly clean equipment in its entirety.
- Provide a clean and enjoyable atmosphere for Energy Center patrons.
- Maintain order and appearance of all Energy Center equipment.
- Inspect equipment and report any usage condition or maintenance needs to Energy Center Coordinator.
- Complete the shift report in its entirety.
- Complete Head Count sheet in its entirety.
- Complete participation count as well as any other necessary forms.
- Take the initiative to tend to any areas in need of attention.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
- Follow all employee procedures outlines in Employee Manual.
- Know and enforce Energy Center policies and Athletics & Wellness Center Code of Conduct.
- Read, date and initial Energy Center communication log at the start of each shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- General administrative assistant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in the supervision of student staff.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information while focusing appropriately on the task at hand.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are expected.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.