Administrative Assistant II — Facilities
January 09, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant II in the Facilities Department. This is a full-time, hourly staff position with a benefit package. The pay level is 6 with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrating a welcoming, professional, pleasant personality when answering the phone and/or greeting/assisting students, faculty, staff, parents, contractors and visitors.
- Receiving work requests by phone, email or in person.
- Receiving, cataloging and preparing College utility bills for payment and distribution.
- Preparing work orders for Maintenance and Grounds workers, using the College's computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and consulting with Assistant Director or Director as needed to ensure proper priority and routing.
- Preparing reports using the CMMS, both regular reports and other reports as directed by Assistant Director or Director.
- Preparing purchase requisitions for the Facilities Department.
- Issuing and tracking keys and credit cards assigned to the Department.
- Preparing invoices for payment and checking against purchase orders and maintenance work orders for accuracy.
- Preparing correspondence for the Assistant Director and Director.
- Filing purchase orders, invoices, letters and other documents for the Director.
- Developing and maintaining filing systems for minor and major capital projects, consulting with the Director in the process.
- Entering data for electricity, natural gas and water consumption spreadsheets.
- Composing monthly energy report and summarizing budgets, using available computerized tools as much as possible.
- Passing information along to Housekeeping whenever necessary.
- Performing other duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- General administrative assistant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires multitasking on a daily basis.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Highly competent with using Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- A neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information while focusing appropriately on the task at hand.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are expected.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.