Internship Coordinator — Center for Career and Community Engagement
November 15, 2017
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Internship Coordinator in the Center for Career and Community Engagement. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefit package.
Earlham is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual with an affinity for the liberal arts and a commitment to student success. The Internship Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting experiential learning initiatives within the Center for Career and Community Engagement with specific regard to internships, externships and employer relations programming.
The Internship Coordinator reports to the Director of Employer Relations and works closely and collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Employer Relations for Internships to ensure a seamless internship program is developed and offered to students by coordinating the tracking, assessment, and marketing of the program. Additionally, the coordinator will assume primary responsibility for the planning and execution of major on-campus employer relations events.
Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage digital technology platforms (AdviseStream, Handshake) to track and assess all aspects of the internship program including applications, award information, learning contracts, assignments and evaluations.
- Assume primary responsibility in planning and execution of major on campus Employer Relations events such as graduate school fairs and InternshipFEST.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director to plan, design and distribute marketing and promotional materials to all constituencies of the Employer Relations office.
- Maintain and update relevant website pages with current and accurate information regarding employer relations activities including the various funded internship programs.
- Assist in design, development and implementation of the entire internship program.
- Assist in conducting site visits during the internship period.
- Assist with advising and educating students in internship and career discernment and search strategies.
- Co-develop, support and participate in collaborative programming initiatives within the CCE.
- Consistently and continually research current and developing trends in professional standards and best practices for internships, experiential education and higher education through relevant professional conferences, professional development workshops, and other appropriate mediums.
- Participate in Earlham College projects and serve on various college committees
- Perform other duties as determined appropriate for the position.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in student/career services in higher education, human resources or employment services.
- Clear understanding of and passion for the liberal arts.
- Ability to think creatively and imaginatively in a team atmosphere.
- Strong listening, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and time management skills.
- Energy and passion for developing new relationships.
- Self-motivation and a strong commitment to taking initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Demonstrated competency in diversity and inclusion with specific regard to student interactions and programs.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to an evolving work environment.
- Ability to flourish in a diverse, challenging community.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to drive as needed.
- Experience with experiential learning program design/management.
- Knowledge of professional standards and best practices for internships and experiential education.
- Experience with marketing, communications (including social media), content management, webinars and/or event planning.
Please send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).