Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach
August 08, 2018
Earlham College is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach in the Department of Athletics. This is a full-time, 10-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package.
The Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach works to assist the Head Coach, performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA Division III, Ohio River Lacrosse Conference, and Earlham College rules and regulations. Intercollegiate athletics is valued as an integral part of the liberal arts education at Earlham.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes through email, phone and personal contact.
- Assist the head coach with planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off-campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach with generating and responding resulting from mailings, tournament and showcase attendance, recruiting services, and admissions contacts.
- Keep records of recruiting activity in Front Rush.
- Update game video on HUDL.
- Maintain contact with Sports Information office and responding to requests from the Sports Information Director.
- Establish contacts necessary for scouting opponents.
- Be a presence in the office, able to assist player needs and communication with other offices.
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Help with setup of equipment for daily practice.
- Contribute to strength and conditioning program.
Game Day Duties
- Monitor videotaping and ensure that opponents receive a copy of game video.
- Set up competition field.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and equipment.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his/her duties.
- Be an active member of the athletics department staff by attending staff meetings, supporting other athletics programs and being responsive to the needs of departmental support staff (director of athletics, support staff, athletic trainer, sports information director, equipment manager).
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience, preferably at a NCAA Division III school, or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working on a campus with a diverse student body.
- A current and valid driver’s license is required.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.