Welcome Center Receptionist and Campus Visit Coordinator — Enrollment Management/Admissions
November 01, 2017
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Welcome Center Receptionist and Campus Visit Coordinator in the Admissions Office within the Division of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time, 12-month staff appointment. Salary is $10.65 per hour with an increase to $10.80 upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period. Compensation includes a full benefits package.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with all aspects of the campus visit program, including coordinating interviews, campus tours, class observations, appointments with other campus offices, etc.
- Serve as the phone and personal receptionist for visiting students and their families.
- Serve as liaison for the Athletics and Wellness staff.
- Assist with the management of existing visit data and generate reports.
- Generate letters and merge documents pertaining to visits.
- Train and manage student workers and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information clearly to campus visitors (most often prospective students and their families).
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service to students and families.
- A responsive and professional attitude when interacting with others.
- Comfortable with and confident in using personal computers and technology, and be willing to learn and use new software systems; strong PC skills, including proficiency in Excel; aptitude with Windows.
- Aptitude to learn database, SLATE customer relationship management and reporting systems (e.g. Banner, Recruiter, Argos).
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills as the management of multiple programs, tasks and schedules is regularly required.
- Ability to accurately perform detailed work.
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic and team player; a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
Qualified Earlham employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly. All applicants, whether or not they are current employees, should send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.