Welcome Center Receptionist and Campus Visit Coordinator — Enrollment Management/Admissions
November 06, 2018
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Welcome Center Receptionist and Campus Visit Coordinator in the Admission Office within the Division of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time, 12-month staff appointment. Salary includes a benefit package.
This position serves as the primary contact for the Welcome Center as the receptionist. Additional responsibilities include assistance and coordination of all aspects of the campus visit program, including interviews, campus tours, class observations, appointments with other campus offices, etc.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as phone and in-person receptionist for visiting students and their families.
- Collaborate with community agencies to identify and obtain marketing materials appropriate for display in the Welcome Center.
- Support campus visit and event programs.
- Serve as liaison for the Athletics and Wellness staff.
- Assist with the management of existing visit data and generate reports.
- Generate letters and merge documents pertaining to visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and have the ability to multitask: handling several responsibilities at one time with potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work and supervise students in a diverse atmosphere.
- Must be able to work with people from around the world, including those with limited skills in English.
- Ability to accurately perform detailed work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and operate with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management and across all departments at the College, in both written and verbal communication.
- Aptitude to learn database, SLATE customer relationship management, and reporting systems (e.g. Banner, Recruiter, Argos).
Qualified Earlham employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly. All applicants, whether or not they are current employees, should send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.