September 01, 2016
Earlham is seeking applicants for a College Driver to provide transportation services to the Earlham College community. Duties include operation of a College-owned, leased or rented vehicle on a fixed or variable route and/or in support of College events, activities and academic programs. This is a part-time position offering partial benefits. Hours are varied on days, evenings and weekends.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives a college-owned, leased or rented vehicle, normally a van, possibly a small bus, providing safe and efficient transportation to the College community.
- Performs routine vehicle inspection and maintenance, including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, and water and tire pressures.
- Provides information and other general assistance to the College community and its visitors.
- Maintains records of work performed; makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
Minimum Job Requirements
- At least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license with at least 2 years driving experience.
- Possession of a good driving record with no convictions for DUI/DWI or Reckless Driving.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain vehicle operation records.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to maintain discipline and safety of passengers during transportation.
- Ability to deal professionally, diplomatically, politely, and courteously with a diverse campus population.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain Chauffeur's or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with necessary endorsements at College expense.
Conditions of Employment
- Employment is contingent on criminal and motor vehicle background checks.
Qualified employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and Human Resources promptly. Any other potential applicants, whether or not they are College employees, should be referred to Human Resources. All applicants should send a signed application form and/or resume to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Applications will be reviewed at the discretion of the hiring supervisor and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.