Assistant Director of Events
September 01, 2016
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Events in the Events and Operations Office. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a full-benefit package.
The Assistant Director of Events provides administrative and logistical oversight to all Earlham events, summer programming and conferences, including staffing, production support and events promotion. This position reports to the Director of Events and Operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Areas of Responsibility
- All aspects of events production for convocations, Artist and Lecture Series events, summer camps and conferences, third-party contracts, and other large or public events.
- Events production support for all events held on campus including set ups, tear downs, housekeeping needs, etc., making sure information in 25Live is correct and completed as scheduled.
- Support, supervise and coordinate the promotion for all Earlham events.
- Supervision of students including: Front of House, Box Office, Assistant Student Production Manager, On-Campus Marketing and Summer Conference staff.
- Manage all aspects for the Earlham Box Office.
- Supervision, facilitation and management of event production, summer programming and conference requirements including: space, staffing, technical support, marketing production meetings, housekeeping support, maintenance support, food service needs and equipment needs, etc., for events produced by Earlham College.
- Serve as a logistical resource for Earlham event programmers.
- Supervise conferences and events on evenings and weekends.
- Serve in on-call capacity for summer, weekends and evening campus events.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise student staff.
- Maintain accurate event production procedures.
- Support accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives.
- Support the building of effective and positive business relations and communication with all internal and external customers.
- Assist with identifying the needs of customers and the client, identifying and rectifying operating challenges, and recommending new operations programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Events and Operations.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in events management is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in event management, camps and conference, audience services, social media, marketing, box office, contract riders, along with front of house and back of house management is preferred.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Be a self-starter, work independently.
- Have a flexible, diplomatic and effective leadership style.
- Bring a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of 25Live scheduler, or an alike database.
- Have managerial/supervisory experience.
- Have leadership skills to manage multifaceted, multi-site, fast paced, service-oriented educational auxiliary enterprises including summer programming and conference service management.
- Ability to interpret financial statements and other financial reports.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess skills to evaluate personnel in compliance with College policies and procedures, and establish a strong team.
- Must maintain a student-centered approach in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain College and community relationships through a strong commitment to customer service.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
The application review begins immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.