Administrative Assistant II — Financial Aid
May 29, 2018
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant II in the Financial Aid Office. This full-time, 40 hours-per-week staff position includes a benefit package. The pay level is 6 with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90‑day introductory period.
Providing primary staff support for the Financial Aid Office, this position assists in providing effective and efficient delivery of financial aid funds to students. This person also provides high-quality financial aid information to students, parents and other audiences.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages electronic communications with the Department of Education.
- Meets and greets office visitors.
- Serves as first point of contact for incoming phone calls, answers routine questions and routes calls as necessary.
- Maintains general office calendar, scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail.
- Enters documents into Banner as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains student and program files.
- Works productively with other college offices.
- Supervises file destruction.
- Manages any mass email or paper mailings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- Comfort and confidence in using personal computers with an aptitude and eagerness to learn new programs and explore their uses.
- Excellent oral, written and people skills; the ability to communicate complex information in a clearly understandable manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word; experience with Banner a plus.
- General office support experience.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Imaginative problem-solving skills.
- A team-player attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
Send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.