That means we rely heavily on the generosity of alumni, family, and friends to keep the fund—and the college—strong. Yearly gifts enable both the essentials and the innumerable, invaluable extras of an Earlham education.
What do your gifts to the Earlham Fund make possible?
- A life-changing education
- A talented and diverse student body, 85% of which receives some form of aid from the college
- Faculty who inspire new ways of thinking and educate the thinkers and doers who will impact tomorrow
- Award winning international study programs
- Faculty and students collaborative research opportunities
- The maintenance and enhancement of a beautiful campus
- Sustainability initiatives to help make Earlham more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly
The beauty of the Earlham Fund is that it allows everyone – no matter his or her means, no matter the size of the gift – the opportunity to give back.
Donors can use any of the following ways to give:
- Respond to a mailing by writing a check
- Make a gift when asked by a student caller
- Plan a special gift in honor of a reunion
- Leverage a matching gift through their employer
- Give online when they get an email or just when they decide they want to give
- Transfer stock to avoid paying capital gains taxes
- Use IRA assets when eligible
- Honor a classmate, family member or beloved professor by naming an endowed scholarship or room for them
- Make a bequest for a special purpose or let Earlham decide how to use the funds
- Enter into a life income agreement with Earlham through a fixed gift annuity that provides income during lifetime with remainder helping Earlham after death
Every generation of Earlhamites has benefitted from the generations that came before—from the traditions they created, their intellectual contributions, and their generous support.