Student Employment, Financial Aid | Earlham College Skip to Content

Student Employment

Students who are financially eligible may receive a Federal College Work-Study (FCWS) or another work program as part of the financial aid award. These students are approved to work on campus to help offset college expenses.

How it works

Information on the job application process and job openings can be found at the Center for Career and Community Engagement website.

The typical campus job is based on 10 hours a week, at the current campus wage, for a full academic year. Students may earn up to that dollar amount.

Although most campus jobs are reserved for FCWS students, a limited number of positions are available for those without work-study status; sometimes these students find positions as teaching assistants, tutors or certified lifeguards.

International Students

International students may receive a similar allotment called “Work Awards.” Employment opportunities for international students in the U.S. are restricted by law. Students who receive a work award as part of their financial aid package may work a limited number of hours on campus only. Students hired for a position on campus must complete state and federal paperwork with Student Payroll in Human Resources, found on the lower level of Carpenter Hall.


  • Need-based funds

  • Funded through the federal government or Earlham College

  • The FAFSA must be submitted to Earlham to determine eligibility

  • U.S. students are eligible for Federal College Work Study

  • Other work study options are available to international students
Print Friendly and PDF