Cost is a key factor in evaluating a student's higher education investment. The Net Price Calculator (NPC) is a good way for families to estimate their own level commitment in their student's first year at Earlham.
Earlham uses a variety of factors to determine a student's final aid award which are not always incorporated into the NPC. For example, the quality of a student's essay, personal references, final high school cumulative GPA and class rank, high school classes completed and the admissions interview are all criterion that could be considered but are not used in the NPC. For that reason, the NPC is only an estimate based on the data you provide and these limitations.
Other things you should know:
- Earlham expects all students to contribute at least $1,500 each year toward their education at the College.
- All prospective students applying for need-based aid must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 of the year they intend to enroll. Please refer to the Earlham Financial Aid Calendar link for other important dates.
- Accurate information provided by the NPC user will result in a more precise net price and financial aid estimate. Recent tax returns, W-2s, bank statements, and paycheck stubs will assist you in this process.
- Student loans that appear for the user on the NPC are federal student loans and may be either subsidized or unsubsidized. A student may accept or decline any student loan on her/his actual financial aid package.
- A Parent Loan that appears on the NPC is a Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students. The amount shown is the estimated maximum that a parent may borrow. (Parents can choose to borrow less or to not borrow under this program.)