Public Safety Officer (Part-Time)
April 30, 2014
Earlham College invites applications for a part-time position of Officer in the Office of Public Safety. This is an hourly, on-call staff position. Candidates must be willing to work all shifts, as well as weekends and holidays. The starting pay rate is $11.10 per hour, with an increase to $11.25 per hour upon successful completion of 90‑day introductory period.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic patrol and observation for all areas of the campus.
- Assist in creation of a safe environment for students, employees and visitors to the campus.
- Provide protection for the buildings, equipment and other assets of the College.
- Provide prompt, qualified assistance in emergencies, including the use of CPR and first aid.
- Perform investigations of incidents and preparing detailed and accurate incident reports.
- Perform crowd and traffic control as needed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Public Safety.
Experience & Qualifications
- Attainment of high school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in criminal justice, education or other human services field is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and maintain a working knowledge of departmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to think and act quickly and professionally in sensitive situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other Public Safety staff, College employees and local law enforcement officials.
- Ability to work and communicate well with college-aged adults in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis to cover mandatory minimum staffing needs as they arise.
- Computer proficiency is preferred.
- Applicants with previous law enforcement or security experience will be strongly considered. Employment is contingent on a background check and passing a physical exam.
Qualified Earlham employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly. All applicants, whether or not they are current employees, should send a signed application form and/or resume to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application Form for Hourly Staff Positions
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.