If you are a U.S. citizen who submitted a FAFSA and viewed your financial aid award online, you already completed this step. All others, continue below.
In order to activate your Earlham Account, follow these steps:
1. Browse to https://www.earlham.edu/newaccount
2. Type the access code included in a new account email previously sent to you
3. Type the username assigned to you, as well as your first and last name in the corresponding fields
4. Validate your identity by filling in your date of birth, non-Earlham email address and home phone number — this is information you put on your application for admission to Earlham
5. Click "Submit" to retrieve a temporary password — WRITE THIS DOWN because you will use it to make your account permanent
6. Log into TheHeart for our system to recognize your account
7. Wait 24 hours before changing your password, making your account permanent
You can make your Earlham Account permanent once you have: 1. Activated your account and retrieved your temporary password; 2. Notified us of your decision to enroll at Earlham.
To make your Earlham Account permanent, follow these steps:
1. Browse to https://password.earlham.edu
2. Click the link labeled "Setup Password Recovery Questions"
3. Select three questions from the three drop down boxes and type in answers for each in the corresponding boxes
4. Click the "Save" button
5. In the menu above, click the link labeled "Change Password"
6. Fill in the form fields as follows:
- User Name: Type the username for your Earlham Account (first part of your email address before the @ symbol)
- Old Password: Type the temporary password we assigned to you and you retrieved when activating your account
- New Password: Make a new password for yourself, following the rules above the form
- Retype New Password: Confirm your new password by typing it in again
7. Click the "Apply" button