- Vice President & Dean of Student Development — The Dean of Student's Office oversees and provides support for the Sexual Aggression Peer Advocates and oversees the judicial proceedings officer.
- Counseling Services — Counseling Services provides a variety of services for currently enrolled EC students. Services include confidential individual counseling, or referral for primary and secondary survivors of sexual and domestic violence, stalking, and harassment.
- Public Safety — Resource for reporting incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking or harassment that have occurred on-campus.
- Judicial Adviser - The Judicial Adviser is responsible for investigating possible violation of College social policies, bringing charges against alleged offending students, and coordinating the judicial response.
- Residence Life - Provides services and support to students living in on-campus housing.
- Health Services- Offers ambulatory care to enrolled Earlham students and provides health services to the campus community during times of crisis.
On-Campus Confidential Resources
Counseling appointments can be made online.
If dialing from an off-campus please us the following prefix 765/983 + (the extension)
Office of Religious Life / Newlin Center for Quaker Thought and Practice:
- Marya Bower, Religious Life Associate, x1438, (email@example.com)
- Trish Eckert, Director of the Newlin Center, x1605, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**[NEW!]** Sexual Aggression Peer Advocates — 765/960-6326
We are a group of students some of whom are survivors ourselves. If you are a survivor, or have been in other ways affected by sexual violence, or would just like to talk about the issue, two of us will always be available. We are trained in active listening and can provide support, as well as information about legal, medical, and counseling services both on and off campus. We will encourage survivors to make their own choices. If desired, we will accompany survivors through these processes. Everything that is shared will remain strictly confidential.
Off-Campus Confidential Resources
RAINN: Rape, Abouse, Incest National Network:
- Anonymous, confidential online counseling is available 24 / 7.
- Calling RAINN at 1-800-656-HOPE will put you in telephone contact with a rape crisis center.
- Please note: The location of the center will be based upon the area code of the telephone from which you are calling. To be connected to the affiliated crisis center closest to Earlham College, make the call from a telephone with a 765 area code.
Genesis Shelter and Rape Crisis Center in Richmond, Indiana:
- Call 765/935-3920 and trained volunteers will answer your call 24 / 7.
National Rape Crisis Line:
- Call Toll Free 1-800-656-HOPE. This number will connect you to the Crisis Center in Oxford, Ohio: the nearest local member of Rape Abuse and Incest National Network. You can use this number from anywhere in the United States 24/7 and be transferred to a counselor at the nearest affiliated center.