Earlham College does not tolerate sex/gender harassment, discrimination or misconduct. All members of the College community, guests and visitors have the right to be free from all forms of sex/gender harassment, discrimination and misconduct, examples of which can include acts of sexual violence, sexual harassment, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. We respond to and investigate all reports of sex/gender harassment, discrimination and misconduct both in Richmond and in off-campus programs (subject to the laws and policies of particular countries and host institutions), and will report crimes to local law enforcement consistent with the wishes of the victim and in compliance with the law.
For some, however, reaching out to a Confidential Resource is an important first step in understanding what has happened to them and to explore options for how to move forward. Confidential Resources are the only members of the campus community who are truly confidential and legally able to protect your disclosure.
We strive to be sensitive to and aware of issues such as sexualities, gender, race, religion, and culture. No matter what your situation is, we are here to listen to and support you. We will not judge or criticize your situation or actions, because sexual violence is never the survivor's fault.
Counseling appointments can be made online at:
If dialing from an off-campus location, please use the following prefix 765-983 + the extension.
Health Services (Appointments can be made Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Office of Religious Life/Newlin Quaker Center
- Kelly Burk, Chaplain and Director of Quaker Life, ext. 1386, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol Anne Ferlauto, Assistant Director of the Newlin Quaker Center, ext. 1605, or email@example.com
Off-Campus Confidential Resources
- RAINN: Rape, abuse, incest national network. Anonymous, confidential online counseling is available 24/7 at: http://rainn.org.
Genesis Shelter and Rape Crisis Center, Richmond
- Call 765-935-3920 and trained volunteers will answer your call 24/7.
If you wish to REPORT sexual misconduct or an assault, contact:
- Richmond Police Department: In an emergency, 911; non-emergency 765-983-7247
- Public Safety: Available 24/7 by calling 765-983-1400; Chris Little, Director of Public Safety, ext. 1465, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Stephanie Bishop, Director of Human Resources, ext. 1628, or email@example.com
- Associate Dean of Student Life: Shane Peters, ext. 1607, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Director of Residence Life: Angie Hobkirk, ext. 1594, or email@example.com