We help you gain real world experience and teach you to build your connections while at Earlham College through:
- Meeting speakers
- Developing mentors
- Engaging in job shadowing and informational interviews
- Conducting research
- Attending conferences
- Professionally engaging in social media including LinkedIn
- Connecting with Earlham alumni
Fall and Spring semester opportunities allow for you to connect with alumni in a social setting to discuss interests, career fields, graduate schools and opportunities with Earlham Alumni Council members, African and African American Alumni Board members and other regional alumni.
Opportunities to attend and network at regional internship and job fairs occur and transportation is provided to the larger events and where there is interest from students.
To help you prepare for all of the above, we help you:
- Provide workshops to improve your business etiquette and networking skills
- Help you create a LinkedIn profile and learn how to use it for building professional connections
- Be mindful of how you present yourself through email, voicemail, online and personal dress style.
“Social media is now used by 36 percent of employers ...”
— Recruiting Trends 2011-2012 Collegiate Employment Research Institute Michigan State University
Career Education can help you transition from social media for personal use to social media for professional development.
For help with networking, make an appointment with our office.