Thank you for considering Earlham students and alumni for your organization! Whether you are looking to hire a full- or part-time employee or intern, Earlham College students and graduates are prepared to contribute to your organization in significant ways.
Why hire an Earlham student and/or graduate?
According to a 2014 survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, employers are looking for graduates who have decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills. As liberal arts graduates, Earlham students are prepared with the skills and knowledge needed to make a difference.
- Earlham’s challenging intellectual environment attracts diverse students with a variety of motivations. Whether academic, political, social, athletic, ethical or career-minded reasons brought them to Earlham, our students tend to share a common goal: they want to impact the world.
- Earlham’s Principles & Practices, which include integrity and respect for persons, foster personal accountability and thoughtful decision making in our graduates.
- Liberal arts grads are agile, flexible, and adaptable. They are able to apply their learning in a variety of environments.
- Ideas and innovation are valuable assets in our increasingly globalized marketplace. Our graduates are knowledgeable, passionate, and driven to succeed.
- Earlham students have the analytical skills to understand the context of a problem and the bigger picture. In an ever-changing world, they are able to make connections and craft a vision for the future.
Recruiting at Earlham
Located along the National Road and I-70, Richmond is a great place to visit if you're looking to recruit talent. And as an institution that is both globally and locally focused, Earlham College provides a rich environment for students and employers to engage each other in solving problems and moving the world forward.
If you are interested in recruiting on campus, please fill out this form. A representative of our office will be in contact with you shortly to discuss your upcoming visit.
Can't make it to Richmond but still want to talk to our students? We're happy to set up virtual info sessions via Skype calls or webinar links; just fill out the form at the above link.
Posting Open Positions
Our office uses an online opportunity-posting database called Symplicity. Employers who create an account on Symplicity may post positions, view the resumes of Earlham students and graduates who apply, and review applications submitted through the system. Go to Symplicity to create an employer account.
Please note that your posting must be approved before it will appear in the system. We prefer to post positions that:
- are developed in partnership with people and organizations with which Earlham has a relationship or link;
- include meaningful projects and transformative learning experiences for our students that also build capacity for our partners;
- align with the learning outcomes, academic interests, and Quaker values of Earlham College.
Starting an Internship Program
If you are interested in putting an internship program in place at your organization, we have resources that can help you with this process. We can help you understand what you need to consider, how to get the most out of internships, and what the workplace needs to offer in order to have the greatest success with this opportunity.
To learn more, view our current Earlham Internship Program or contact the CIL to discuss your interest in developing an internship program within your business or organization.