Thank you for considering Earlham students and alumni for your organization! Whether you are looking to hire a full- or part-time employee or intern, Earlham College students and graduates are prepared to contribute to your organization in significant ways.
Why hire an Earlham student and/or graduate?
Earlham students have multiple opportunities to engage in real-world, hands-on experience before graduation.
- Earlham's EPIC Advantage offers every Earlham student the opportunity to have a funded internship or research experience prior to graduation. Many students participate in more than one internship or research project prior to graduation.
- Earlham's classes are small, with a typical student-to-teacher ratio of 10:1. This means our students get personalized and in-depth instruction, which prepares them to immediately make a difference in your workplace.
THE POWER OF THE LIBERAL ARTS
As liberal arts graduates, Earlham students excel in the areas employers need most: they have decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Earlham’s challenging intellectual environment attracts diverse students with a variety of motivations. Whether academic, political, social, athletic, ethical or career-minded reasons brought them to Earlham, our students tend to share a common goal: they want to impact the world.
- Earlham’s Principles & Practices, which include integrity and respect for persons, foster personal accountability and thoughtful decision making in our graduates.
- Liberal arts grads are agile, flexible, and adaptable. They are able to apply their learning in a variety of environments.
- Ideas and innovation are valuable assets in our increasingly globalized marketplace. Our graduates are knowledgeable, passionate, and driven to succeed.
- Earlham students have the analytical skills to understand the context of a problem and the bigger picture. In an ever-changing world, they are able to make connections and craft a vision for the future.
Learn more about our graduate outcomes.
Recruiting at Earlham
Located along the National Road and I-70, Richmond is a great place to visit if you're looking to recruit talent. And as an institution that is both globally and locally focused, Earlham College provides a rich environment for students and employers to engage each other in solving problems and moving the world forward.
If you are interested in recruiting on campus, please fill out this form. A representative of our office will be in contact with you shortly to discuss your upcoming visit.
Can't make it to Richmond but still want to talk to our students? We're happy to set up virtual info sessions via Skype calls or webinar links; just fill out the form at the above link.
Registration for all events is available via Handshake.
Graduate School and Fellowship Fair
Occurs annually in October and is open to institutions of higher learning offering post-baccalaureate degrees. .
Be the Change: Internship, Career and Graduate School Fair
In alignment with Earlham’s Principles and Practices this fair is open to employers that:
- Operate as if people and place matter.
- Aspire to do no harm and to benefit all in their practices, products, and profits.
- Be able to affirm Earlham’s Equal Opportunity Employment statement*.
- (For-profit businesses) Have a third-party certification such as B Corporation or the Fair Trade Federation or provide a brief written justification for how your organization embodies the principles associated with such certifications.
Graduate school programs that will be the most successful at this event offer degrees relevant to public-service professionals such as anthropology, conflict resolution, counseling, divinity, education, environmental sciences, global and public health, international affairs, nonprofit management, nursing, psychology, public interest law, public administration, public policy, social work, sociology, urban planning, etc.
Posting Open Positions
Our office uses an online opportunity-posting database called Handshake. Employers who create an account on Handshake may post positions, view the resumes of Earlham students and graduates who apply, and review applications submitted through the system. By creating a single Handshake account, employers can also connect to any other college or university that uses Handshake. Go to Handshake to create an employer account and post open positions.
Please note that your posting must be approved before it will appear to Earlham students. We prefer to post positions that:
- are developed in partnership with people and organizations with which Earlham has a relationship or link;
- include meaningful projects and transformative learning experiences for our students that also build capacity for our partners;
- align with the learning outcomes, academic interests, and Quaker values of Earlham College.
Starting an Internship Program
If you are interested in putting an internship program in place at your organization, we have resources that can help you with this process. We can help you understand what you need to consider, how to get the most out of internships, and what the workplace needs to offer in order to have the greatest success with this opportunity.
To learn more, view our current Earlham Internship Program or contact the CCCE to discuss your interest in developing an internship program within your business or organization.