Earlhamites from all majors have found careers in the Education sector. Use this guide to identify ways to start building your portfolio.
Apply for Internships
Below are some examples of Earlham Network Employers who offer internships that could help you gain experience in this sector. Learn more about applying for internships here.
- Girls Inc.: Summer Coordinator Intern
- Cope Environmental Center: Summer Health & Literacy Coordinator Intern
- Boys & Girls Club of Wayne County: Education Summer Intern
- Amigos: Summer Intern
- Richmond Parks and Recreation Department: JUKO Intern
- Richmond Art Museum: Summer Intern
- Randolph County YMCA: Camp Yale Program Assistant Intern
- Joseph Moore Museum: Science & Community Outreach Intern
- Indiana Repertory Theatre: Summer Conservatory for Youth Internship
- Indiana University Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health - Public Health Summer Research Intern (Social & Behavioral Science Youth Camp)
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art: Public Programs Intern
- Exodus Refugee Immigration: LCORE Internship
Volunteer in Richmond
Log in to Earlham Engage to follow some of these agencies and find out about their volunteer needs.
- Local elementary, middle and high schools
- Amigos: The Latino Richmond Center
- Birth to Five
- Boy Scouts of America, Cross roads of America Council
- Boys and Gild Clubs of Wayne County
- Community Action of East Central Indiana Head Start
- Early Learning and Family Literacy Center
- Excel Center
- Girls Inc.
- Hayes Arboretum
- Joseph Moore Museum
- Junior Achievement of Eastern Indiana Inc.
- Morrisson-Reeves Library
- Richmond Adult Education Center
- Richmond Art Museum
- Townsend Community Center
- United Way
- Wayne County Literacy Coalition
- Wernle Youth & Family Treatment Center Inc.
- Americorps service (after graduation)
- Teach for America (after graduation)