Bequests and Planned Giving
Every year, many alumni and friends choose to significantly support the College through their estate planning. These gifts serve as the foundation on which Earlham can continue to build its academic programs and provide additional learning opportunities for its students. Your own thoughtful planning and your generosity can help these educational experiences continue for future Earlhamites.
Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
- Simplicity. Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed.
- Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility. You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us.
- Tax Relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift's full value.
- Support. You gift support the future growth of Earlham
Our Bequest Wording document (pdf) may assist you as you explore the possible inclusion of Earlham in your will. Please consult your estate planner for assistance with wording to meet your specific needs and requirements.
Should you choose to include Earlham in your estate plans, we hope you will inform our office so we may update our office records and acknowledge your thoughtful planning and generousity.