For more information about this exciting travel opportunity, please contact Brent Smith or Nancy Taylor.
Earlham Friends and Alumni Tanzania Safari
June 17-July 6 (or June 29), 2018
Join Earlham professors Brent Smith and Nancy Taylor on a safari to Tanzania in the summer of 2018. Come together to explore one of the world’s great wildlife spectacles and experience the diversity of cultures in this stunningly beautiful country. Brent and Nancy have been professors at Earlham since 1981. Having led many foreign study programs for Earlham including nine semester-long programs in East Africa, they’d like to share their experience and passion for this wonderful place with you.
The safari will offer two weeks of wildlife and cultural experiences in the northern part of Tanzania, with an additional (and optional) third week with the Swahili people on the historic island of Zanzibar.
Trip highlights include:
- Tarangire National Park, which is particularly known for its great number of elephants
- A cultural tour of the town of Mtu wa Mbu
- A game drive into the fantastic Ngorongoro Crater and time at the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- A safari in the Serengeti with a stay in a "tented camp"
- Visit to Loiborsoit village, the Maasai community that has welcomed Earlham students for homestays for many years
- Zanzibar's Stone Town and spice farms
- Snorkeling in the Indian Ocean
See an updated tentative itinerary online now!