Earlham College calls Wayne County and the city of Richmond, Indiana, its home. The College and the Wayne County area both host modern, globally aware, diverse communities.
The College and the community enjoy a strong, mutually beneficial connection.
- The College’s day-to-day operations contributed $54 million toward the local economy in 2009.
- Earlham employs nearly 400 area citizens, making it among the top 10 employers in the county.
- Many of Earlham’s students participate in service activities in the community, accounting for 23,414 volunteer hours in 2008-09.
- The Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce named the College “Corporation of the Year” in 2010.
- Earlham hosts an active calendar of events open to the Richmond community.
- The College founded the Earlham Community Partnership Council, a group of local community leaders, College representatives and Earlham students. The Partnership Council advises the College on matters concerning the local community, providing an important link between the two.
For more information on Earlham's connection with Richmond and Wayne County, contact:
Vice President of